Friday, June 23, 2006

Laughter Time

Now was the time to get this Fluke character laughing so much the tears were running down his face.

This was a tough job.

I consulted my sidekick, Doctor John H Watson.

"Well," he says, "Holmes and I always went down the music halls to see the variety that was there. The audience laughed like drains there."

I go and bput on a stripied blazer, a straw hat and carry a cane. Watson is similarly dressed. We are a double act, with me doing the laughs.

"What is a dentist's favourtite instument?" I ask Watson.

"I don't know?" he replies cheerily,

"A tuba toothpaste!" I say happily.

Not a murmer from Fluke.

"What do you call a boomerang that doesn't work?" I ask.

"I don't know, What do you call a boomerang that doesn't work?" replies Watson.

"A stick" I tell him.

We both fall about laughing, but Fluke is doing a statue look. If he was an android, I'd think he'd had his sense of humour chip removed.

Then I think I have idea.

"Let's give him humour about something he knows...."


I consult my "Bumper Book Of Jokes"

"Why did the Stormtrooper start jumping up and down?He stepped on Ant-hillies!"

A flicker of a smile there, I think.

"What goes, "Ha, ha, ha, haaaa.... AGGGHHHH! Thump"? An Imperial Officer laughing at Darth Vader."

A big beaming smile from Fluke. I can see he's trying to contain himself.

"What side of an Ewok has the most hair? The outside."

I can hear him starting to laugh loud now. Time to go for the jugular...

"How many stormtroopers does it take to replace a lightbulb? Two; one to screw the bulb in, the other to shoot him and take the credit."

The tears of laughter from Fluke are running freely. Mission accomplished and a possible booking on Coruscant.

7 Comments:

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

That last one isn't funny :-/

Friday, June 23, 2006 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

You know why those are so funny? Because they're true. Especially that one about Vadar. Looking into Fluke's mind, I can see what a creep he is.

Friday, June 23, 2006 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Ah, I see now. No pig entrails.

Friday, June 23, 2006 6:56:00 PM  
Blogger Ciera said...

FUNNY!!! LOL!!! Loved it Jean-Luc!! {even the tuba toothpaste} :)

Saturday, June 24, 2006 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

lol poor AOC

Sunday, June 25, 2006 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Those clone troopers just don't get any respect.

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Is that good or bad, Fluke?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home