Thursday, July 27, 2006

Picard In The Radioactive Section

It looked like it was going to be me who would clean out the radioactive section of the auditorium.

I turned to my sidekick, Dr Watson. Time for some delegation. Really, it wasn't a Captain's place to go cleaning up rubbish from the stands. I wouldn't delegate this to a hologram on the Enterprise.

"Could you clean out the radioactive section, Doctor?" I ask.

"What is radioactivity" he replies.

Sigh. It looked like I was going to have to do this myself. I just hope Riker and the others don't find out. I'll never live it down.

"It doesn't matter, Doctor; just get me a radiation-proof suit."

He scampers off and returns a few moments later with an odd-looking outfit. I try it on.


What an idiot I do look; still, there's nothing I can do now. It's time to go and clean everything up.

It gets really messy when the followers from the radiation-soaked world of Xerxes go to a match which features their champion Radioactive Ron. He is undefeated. This is because as soon as he steps into the ring, his opponent and the referee drop dead. This also happens for those in the first three rows around the ringside.

I've got the gurney with me to put the bodies on, plus a few limbs that fell off from the Ron followers. I suppose they were waving their arms too much.

Over here, I've found the hot dog seller sprawled on the floor. It seems like an Xerxian wanted a bite to eat.

Now I've got the brush to clean up under the seats. Really, the Xerxians aren't that good with their eating. Everything will need to be buried 1000 feet under concrete for a million years.

One thing they are good at is pest control; there are no living things within a 10 mile radius of the stadium right now.

I've finished with my 10th brush; the hairs on ot seem to fall off when sweeping the seat. The foodstuffs I picked up are now melting the container.

I get back quickly.

"I'm not radioactive, am I?" I ask Jon.

"Err...no, but we need to be sure, Captain." he says.

With that, I am thrown into a pool containg unmentionable things, then taken into an orange container.



My skin is then scrubbed red with a wire brush. I am then declared radiation-free.

"Did you really need to do that to get me free from radioactivity?"

"No." Jon replies, "But it gave us a good laugh!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Did I mention how much I love Jango Ade?

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

"Did you really need to do that to get me free from radioactivity?"

"No." Jon replies, "But it gave us a good laugh!"


Wah wah wahhhhhh...

Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I am sure Bev has given you a sponge bath that were rougher than what Jon did to you.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Oh and I forgot to say "DOH!!!"

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:55:00 PM  
Blogger Florence Forrest said...

I'm waving...I hope my arm doesn't drop off.

lol

Friday, July 28, 2006 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

Why do you think I went to the other side of the stadium, who wants to become ugly red, I am beautiful indigo.

Friday, July 28, 2006 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Florence, do an arm count after you've finished waving.

Friday, July 28, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

What a "shocking" experience!

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home