Monday, July 24, 2006

Tak Head To The LGS Bar To Meet His Admirer

Continued from here and here

The Henchman spent the rest of the evening and much of the next day running over a date plan with me. I was to follow three basic rule:1) get the date to talk about herself, 2) try to relax and be myself and 3) make eye contact.

“You have a tendency to not make very direct eye contact with women, Tak. On the plus side you’re not staring at their chest like Hudson, so that’s good” The Henchman explained

“Also you will have a small microphone on you so I can hear what the two of you are saying. You’ll have a tiny earpiece so I can help you along if you run into any issues, but don’t worry I think you are going to do great.” He continued

“Really. Thanks for the vote of confidence.” I happily reply

“Remember just don’t panic. No matter what happens, know that I will have a back up plan. I didn’t survive this long on just by being strong and handsome.” The Henchman say with a smile

I give him the thumbs up and head off to the LGS bar.

*After Tak leaves, Professor X rolls up to The Henchman.

“Good move not having him wear that stupid armor. So what are our boy’s chances tonight.”

“ I say 7 to 1 that he runs screaming from the bar, poor bastard.” The Henchman replies *

I stroll in to the bar. I see Erifa getting a drink. No, it couldn’t be. No way. She comes towards me and then heads past me out to the pool. “Take a picture it’ll last longer, Perv”

See I knew there was no way.

I scan the bar. Several people are drinking. I notice Hudson, Xavier and Gyrobo are all trying not look at me, while looking at me. Then I spot one of the LGS camera crew, complete with sound guy. Man are they dedicated. They brought there equipment with them. I give them nod and small wave.

The Bartender, Sam, waves me over. “Tak, first I wanted to say your bar tab is getting dangerously close to it maximum….”

bartender-c

Yikes, there is a scary thought, LGS without drinking.

“… and you seem to have a guest or fan asking after you. She said to send you down. She sounded like a real cutie.” He beams at me.

“What do you mean “sounds like”? Didn’t you see her?” I ask

“Of course I saw her. But she was wearing a cloak down low over her face. But from what I could see, she was definitely build for speed.” The bartender smiles knowingly at me
“So your saying she was of narrow frame, with big legs. Like a runner or something?” I ask confused

“No, she looked like a go’er, if you know what I mean” this time the smile was almost a leer

“A go’er. Where did it look like she was going?” I was getting more confused

I hear The Henchman’s voice scream in my ear “Just ask him what *#@^ing table.”

“The Henchman wants to know what ta….”

“Don’t say I said anything …. Aruggggg!. Just ask what table. I making it 9 to 1 now.”

“What?” I said

The bartender asked “what?”

“The table, just ask which table” Henchman’s exasperated voice barks in my ear

“What table is my cloaked friend at?” I inquire of the bartender.

“Booth at the end. You want your usual sent down?

“Ye …” I start to say, but The Henchman’s voice come again “No. Do not get a Shirley Temple. Wait till you get to the table and order wine or beer. Just like I told you before. I’ll be in the bar shortly, so don’t do any thing stupid OK?”

“Uhh … No Sam. I’ll just head over to the table and see who is waiting for me. Can you check in a few minutes if we want some drinks?”

I start to walk to the last booth. Strange how six booths can seem like such a long way.

I see the women in the cloak. Her back is too me, which is good. It means I’ll be able to the Henchman from here.

“Hi, are you here for me?” I ask as I sit down

“Oh Tak, you came. What a dear you are!” she says as she pulls back the hood of her cloak.

cute gorgan

“Hi.” I stammer and avert my gaze. Oh well some much for eye contact.

4 Comments:

Blogger Florence Forrest said...

I don't know, she seems cute. And you have that nifty helmet...so? it could work.

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Maybe she can control her ability to turn you into stone. Or maybe she doesn't do that, like the snake hairstyle is just the latest fashion or something.

Monday, July 24, 2006 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I know I shouldn't snicker but I just can't help myself. Poor Tak. That bit about staring at her chest might just be a good idea this time.

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger captain koma said...

All I can say AOC is this.
1. She's real
2. She's intrested
3. Snakes have always been sexy.

Monday, July 24, 2006 8:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home