Sunday, May 14, 2006

Can't Stand by Myself

I was packing up my things.

"I don't see why we have to do this, " Fred said irritably, "He doesn't even have any proof it's his room!"

"I know," I sighed, "But it's the proper thing to do. And I don't want to start any fights here..... Besides, I can just poof up another room anyway...."

"He's conning us out of a good room."

"Oh, shush! No he's not. Why do you always have to be like that?"

"I am not always 'like this'," he snapped. "He keeps calling me a fuzzball and now he's trying to hit me with a bat!"

"Yeah," I said turning around to face him, "Well, I'm sure he had a reason to do so. Bobby did. You remember that?"

He scowled at me, "Have your powers ever done anything like this before?"

I closed my trunk and laid it next to the door and sat back down on the bed.
"No...."

"A-ha!"

"... Not till a couple of weeks ago."

His expression immediately became very solemn, and then changed to curious. "Why?"

I stared at me knees, not able to look up now that I was thinking about it.
"When we left...he-- he hadn't woken up-"

"Ahh," Fred said knowingly.

"I stayed with him that whole time," I said, my eyes beginning to burn a little, " I tried everything."

"If anything had happened, or if Beast thought it was very serious he would have-"

"Gabriel was fine," I sputtered, "he was out the next day, not a scratch on him! And he still hadn't woken up!"

Fred was silent for a while before saying, "Then why did you come? Why didn't you stay?"

I closed my eyes, "I--I don’t know. I didn't want to come, but something told me I should."

"The same something that had told you to go back to the mansion?"

I nodded, "And I just left... And I haven't been able to get it out of my head...."
"But you're right," I said dabbing my face with a Kleenex, "Beast would have said something. I'm just being silly."

"I don't think it's silly," Fred said, "If it's enough to make you start to loose control of you powers, it's definitely serious."

"Well, let's not think about that right now, we've got some work to do." I said standing up. I picked up my trunk and walked just outside into the hall, keeping the door open. Fred padded closely behind me.

"Alright, we want to switch the rooms back," I closed my eyes.

Switch, Switch, Switch

BANG!

I looked up and our old, cruddy room was back.

"OK, this time, I have to make sure I create the room in place of it, instead of switching them

New room.... Nice room...

BANG!

"Perfect," I said. I brought the trunk back in and began unpacking.

A couple hours later once we had everything back in its right spot and we had eaten supper, we decided to head down to the bar were everyone else would be.

****

I sat back down on the couch beside the waiting Fred with the glass of water he wanted.

"How are you going to drink that? It's not in a bowl."

"I was hoping you'd fix that."

"Well, why didn't you ask me to make the water in the first place?"

"You always make it too cold," he said bashfully.

*sigh* I snapped my fingers and the glass turned into a bowl. He sat there for a while drinking while I stroked his back. Then he sat up and looked over at another part of the bar. I couldn't tell what he looking at.

"I'll be back later, I have something to do," and slinked off.

I waved myself up a glass of water and began sipping it. I sang softly along to the song playing over the chatter and shouts of the other contestants and customers.

Can't stand by myself,
Hate to sleep alone
Surprises always help

So I take somebody home
To find out how I feel...


I looked around at everyone talking and having fun. Vegeta went flying by, Henchman laughing at him. He flew back and punched him right upside the face. Jon, Gyrobo, and AOC were at a table talking. Fred was sneaking up behind AOC. He leapt and took a bat out of his hands, running away, laughing hysterically.

Feel like just a baby,
Portrait of a lady,
Poster of a girl...


Professor Xavier was with Maggie talking and laughing...

Je sais que tu n'aimes pas ta réalité
Tu sais que tu n'aimes pas ta réalité
Tu sais que je n'aime pas ma réalité

Jean-Luc and Padmé were over in a corner talking over drinks...

Je sais que tu n'aimes pas ta réalité
Tu sais que je n'aime pas ma réalité
On ne peut pas fabriquer la vérité
Tu sais que tu n'aimes pas ta réalité
Je sais que tu n'aimes pas ta réalité

The two Twi'leks were at opposite ends of the bars glaring at one another...

Satisfy myself
Avoid beginners
Who long to shut my mouth
Till I take one of them home
'Cause I know how it feels
Filling in the blanks
Looking on the bright side
When there is no bright side
Coming in your pants
For the off chance
With a
... poster of a girl
poster of a girl
poster of a girl
poster of a girl
poster of a girl
poster of... a girl
poster of a girl
poster of a girl.......



God, I hope he's ok.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

As you know, Cable is quite resiliant. The man has been through quite a lot in his life. Beast assured me before we left that Cable just needed to "recharge" his batteries as it were, and that he will be up and around in no time. So don't fret.

By the way, your new room looks an awful lot like Jon's. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

hey Gaia maybe you can poof me into Charles room ;)

Sunday, May 14, 2006 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I would definitely second that motion.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 7:21:00 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Hey, My room is back to normal. And the Macadamia nuts are back. Thanks. I think I’ll head down to the bar and chat with Jon and that wacky robot guy. I better not forget my wiffle ball bat in case I see one of those fuzz balls again

Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jawa Juice said...

wait....you're dating a coaxial cable?

Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Gaia, it's good that everyone is getting friendlt before the challenges begin.

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home