Thursday, May 11, 2006

Video Diary#1: Weee! Vacation!

Is it recording Fred?

Yes

Why isn't the red light on?

Oh, umm... it burnt out

How, it hasn’t been used yet!

Cheap products, cheap results

*Waves hand* It wasn't on!

Well, sorry! You know most of these buttons are coloured, and I am colour blind, in case you didn't know!

What does that have to do with it?!?! It says 'On' right beneath it!

We're recording.

Ahh! Oh umm...

Yeah, I know this is a competition, but I don't see it that way. I mean, no missions, no danger room, no suicidal last minute rescues, no.... Wolverine....

This is a vacation! Sure, the place may not be so pretty.... the apartment may not be 5 stars but, there's no everyday stress! Yet... I suppose.

Anyways, as it so happens, Fred and I did eventually make it to the 'right' side of the planet (duh). Turns out it was about 20 feet away, behind a wall of trees-- if you can call them trees. This place is weird.

Anyhoo, we found out what are teams are and I must admit that I am quite content with the results. We definitely have lots of power on our team. I'm guessing we have intelligence.... I've got Maggie with me! That's an upside, having another girl. There may however be some conflict issues, which will be a downside in co-operation challenges. But it's apparently so on the other team as well. *Thumbs up*

Oh, and I guess I'll tell you a little bit of when I got here.


"Well, this is us," I said opening our apartment door.

"Umm... Eww!"

"What?" Fred said sleepily poking his head out of my bag. He quickly put his head back in. "Ahh this place reeks of...of... Ah! I don't even know what it is!"

"Oh-- Wait a sec!" I waved my hand and the dank, dark, smelly room was gone in a flash.

"Ooo, much better," Fred said popping out.

I threw my bags onto the bed and raced back out the door. "C'mon Fred! I want to go meet everyone else!" Seconds later, he was running beside me at my heels. I waved my hand lazily behind me to shut the door.

After a few minutes of running we stopped. "Wait, do we even know where we're going?" Fred asked looking up at me.

"No, but now I can just teleport us to someone in the building."

"Why didn't you do that before?"

"Because I didn't know where we..... oh...yeah. Umm... Power...dimension disturbance...thingy...couldn't anyway, come here!"

He leapt up into my arms.

Professor Xavier, I thought.

POP!

I opened up my eyes to find myself face to face with Magdalena. On her lap. While she was on Xavier's lap.

"Hello," he said a smile spreading across his face, "I see you found your way here in one piece."

"Uh, yeah," I said getting up. "So, meet anyone yet?" I asked. I turned around to see where I was. Turns out I was in a bar that was actually quite crowded with all the contestants.

Anyway, long story short, Fred and I went around to all of them said hi, got acquainted and whatnot... This should be fun.

Oh, and my suggestion for our team name: Team Vainqueur

All those in favor?

13 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Arrgh! Stupid Marshmellow sugar high!!!! Sure the name is ok with me.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

do you pop in Charles lap often?

names good for me too

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Hey my room looked great when i got here, now it look like the crappy room you had. What gives?

*holds out some beef jerky for Fred, while holding the wiffle ball bat behind his back*

Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

What is this "base-ball" you speak of?

Friday, May 12, 2006 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

lol!

Looks like the gang is all here. I know I'm not on your team so I don't have a vote, but I like the name too. Now the only question is how do you pronounce it?

Friday, May 12, 2006 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The name is a little hard to pronounce. It's good, bur might need changing slightly to spell correctly.

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

'Cause it reads kind of like "Vain-Queer." If that's what you want to call yourselves, it's alright by me. I'm not going to judge anybody.

Friday, May 12, 2006 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

"Vainqueur"

It's pronounced 'vane-cur'

You have to roll your 'r' on the cur part.

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Oh no, I got arrested once rolling my R in Central Park. I'm not going to make that mistake again.

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home