Saturday, May 20, 2006

DROIDS!!!

"Are you ready?" asked Hudson.
"Yes!"
"Ok, they'll call you out in a few minutes."
I sat on this cold hard good for nothing bench for the last 10 minutes waiting for my turn go into the arena.
Then the door slowly opens, and the last thing I hear is "Good luck!" from Hudson.
Luck, I though as I walked into the arena, is not going to win this match. Brains and years of training are what's going to win this match.

I get three to four steps into the arena when a side door opens and out comes this droid.
I shake my head and wonder where in the galaxy did they find this piece of junk. Then I remember that Jon said something about these droids learn and use new skills from each opponent that they fight.
I look the droid over before I relaize that I've seen this piece of junk somewhere before, but I couldn't remember where or why.
"Aayla, you may begin now." Jon states over a PA.
"EX-TER-MIN-ATE!" it stated utterly without pity, compassion or remorse.
I just looked at the droid and remembered where I heard this before. It was one of these abomination that killed my parents.
The droid turned towards me and slowly aimed one of its two weapons at me and started firing at me.
I actived my lightsaber in time to deflected the first of many blast that it sent my way. I started looking for those switches that Jon told us about, but couldn't see any. "Where are they?" I asked, as I used my lightsaber to block each blast that the robot sent my way. I used the force to locate the first one, which was on the back of the droid's head. "Should've known" I stated, when I located it with the force.
I slowly worked my way closer to the droid so I could hit that first sensor, but the closer I got the heaver the blasts were and the harder it was to get any closer to the droid. "I've got to find a different way to get that sensor." I said through clenched teeth.
I looked the arena over and saw a piller that was close enough to fall directly on top of the robot. "Now that will work." I said as I pulled out my second lightsaber and actived it and got ready to throw it as the droid aimed it second weapon and fired it along with the first.
I deflected both blasts, sending one towards the pillar causing it to explode while the other blast was sent back towards the droid.
The second blast hit a sensor on the it's side causing it to shut down for five seconds.
While the droid was shut down I took a chance and ran towards the piller debris field. I kept my eye on the droid as I entered the debris field and waited as the droid reactived and started turning the base of it head with it vision sensor towards me.
"EX-TER-MIN-ATE!" the droid stated again while it actived it's first weapon and started firing at me again.
I blocked the each of the blasts that it fired towards me back to the droid thinking that maybe I could hit another one of those sensors but I was unable to redirect the blast back to the droid as smoothly as before. I stood my ground as droid slowly started to approach the debris field that I was standing in.
"EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!" the droid said repeatedly as it moved into the debris field.
I continued to stand there waiting for the droid to make it's next move, and while I was waiting I concentrated to use the force to cause a small sand storm. I was planning to blind the droid long enough so I could reach one of the sensors without droid firing at me. But instead one of small rocks that I thought that I had control of with the force, hit one of the sensors on the droid causing it to shut down.
While the droid was shut down I started thinking that this battle would be a peice of cake. With only one more sensor to go before this battle was over.
It was during this thought that I felt a slight squeeze on my right shoulder. I turned thinking it was one of my teammates, but when I turned there was nothing there. "What in the outer rim is going on?" I yelled thinking that maybe Erifia was playing on joke on me.
I shook my head and turned back to the droid in time to hear it say "EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"
The droid tried to use the force on me but couldn't get the control of the sand like I had done. Instead the sand and small rocks went flying everywhere but at the droid intended target.
It was then when I saw a figure of a Twi'lek woman standing behind the droid. My first thought was that Erifia had left the stands and was standing in the arena watching me battle this droid but a quick look in the stands and saw that that Erifia was still sitting there watching with the rest of our team. Who is this woman and why was she allowed to enter the arena? I thought and kept an eye on the droid.
The droid starting firing both of it's weapons when it noticed that I wasn't paying close enough attention to the job at hand.
I ducked just in time, only to hear a faint almost buzzing sound from the shots as they when passed my head.
The droid started yelling "EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"
"Force, don't you know any other words besides that one?!" I yelled back thinking maybe I could talk to it maybe just maybe one mistake (and force willing) I could get close enought to the sensor without the droid firing at me.
But the droid just repeatly stated "EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!" Then just started firing not just at me but all around the arena.
Oh force, is it possible that this droid is able to see what I've been seeing? I asked myself as I deflected only the shot that were fired my way. It was then that the droid slowly moved it's vision sensor away from me and rotated it's vision sensor towards the stands.
It was then that I realized that if I wanted to end this match it was now or never so I started running toward the droid. As I ran past I hit the third sensor just as the droid started aiming it's weapons at the stands.
I stopped running about 5 or 6 steps away from the droid and waited to see if I had indeed ended the match.
I stood there watching and waiting while cheers could be heard coming from the stands.
It was then that I saw that the droid turn itself back on and uttered "EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"
I didn't think I just acted and actived both of my lighsabers. I threw one like a spear at the droid keeping the other close at hand waiting for the droid's weapons to fire at me.
Instead my lightsaber that I throw pierced the droid below it's vision sensor causing the droid to shut down and crash to the ground.
I deactived the one in my hand slowly approached the droid. "Is it over now?" I quietly asked as I knelt down beside the droid.
I placed my hands on the dome of the droid and closed my eyes.
I saw everything that this droid had done. Every battle, every life that the droid took rushed toward me through the force. Tears slow started falling down my face as I watched the memory of my parents die before this droid.
I removed my hands and grabbed the lightsaber that was still piercing the droid and removed it before standing up and looked into the face of Twi'lek woman that I'd seen earlier.
I started to say something her but she disappeared before my very eyes.


Authors Notes
Due to this Challege having to do with robots, I have placed here the Three Laws of Robotics which are written by Isaac Asimov, in which all robots appearing in his fiction have to obey. First introduced in his short story "Runaround" (1942), they state the following:

1. A robot may not harm a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence, as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

14 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

Great a freaking Dalek. You know this is the first time I've seen one without that annoying timelord showing up.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jelly Baby Vegeta?

Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:08:00 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

I spoke too soon

Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it a Female Droid ?

Or was It A Himadroid ?

Hehehehehehehe

If the later , I have a preperation that would have rendered it useless.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Ahh, I was beginning to wonder who'd be the weepy contestant that cried all the time. I see that you are it. I'm sure the production crew will use a flattering filter to capture every weepy moment you wallow in sorrow.

Jedi Secura, you were brought here to fight, not bore us all with your personal drama. And might I add that Jon seems to have found a pair of very angsty Jedi. Next time might I recommend that you focus on the fight and less on trying to chat up the droid.

And gee thanks for the lesson on Asimov and his rules, especially since they in no way apply to the robots here. Spend more time working on your fighting skills so that next time we’ll be impressed by your fighting, not bored by your display of useless knowledge.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE!

Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

Aayla,

I'm glade to hear that you've now found closure in your parents death.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

A robot without pity. There's just something so wrong about that.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:59:00 AM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

(Ouch) *Giggle*

Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

At first, because youhad seen one of these before, I thought is was a "Pleasure-Vibe 2000" droid from Planet SoothPrk. But I guess I was wrong.

and Simon I think the last time I heard something that harsh was when I read Kitty Kelly biography of Nancy Reagan. Double Ouch.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

MUST KILL DALEK!

Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger TX said...

the 3 laws? You really dont think those would work did you

Sunday, May 21, 2006 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Nooooooooooooooo!

He owed me $5!

Monday, May 22, 2006 7:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home