Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Winning Team

"All right everyone," I said, "now that we're seated, let me just say that it is a pleasure to meet all of you and I am looking forward to working with you. Looking over our team here, I feel very positive about our chances. I am confident that we can work together to -"

*smack*

"Ow!" shouted one of the two blue girls with long stalks growing from the back of their heads.

"You were breathing on my coffee you nerf-herder!" the other blue girl accused.

"That's it you, Aayla you evil cow! I've put up with enough of your petty jealous-"

"Hey! Stop it!" shouted the man in the white full body armor. He jumped between the girls just as they were both throwing wide right hooks. Both blows cracked him in his head. His helmet took the brunt of it but he was still reeling. The girls didn't seem to be in any pain at all after punching hard metal.

"Oh Tak!" one of them cried. "I'm so sorry!"

"Man down, man down!" shouted Gyrobo.

Both girls dropped to their knees and cradled Tak. They were both very apologetic. I reached into Tak's mind telepathically to see if he was alright. He mentally winked at me.

"Well done, Tak," I thought to him. A clever way to break up a fight.

I turned to Senator Amidala. She had an amused look on her face. "Well then Senator. Shall we choose a name for our team?"

"What do you think of the Chosen Ones, Professor?"

"Hmm, might be a tad pretentious. How about the Newest X-Men?"

"X-Men? Seems a little ominous. Perhaps the Winning Team?"

I chuckled, not thinking she was serious. I could see she was though. Now that I thought about it, the name seemed cheeky yet appropriate. Perfect for a reality game show.

"I like," I told her. "Shall we put it to a vote?"

12 Comments:

Blogger Jawa Juice said...

Hey Chuck, just use your mind powers to “suggest” that the compaction just quit. You should win then.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger Karl the Sorcerer said...

The radio the CIA put into my teeth says, "yes!"

But years of sorcery and sand smuggling says "go to market."

It's very conflicting. Now, back to work. Golems don't instantiate themselves. If they did, I'd be out of a job.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

We have a mutant telepath too though

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jawa Juice said...

oh...yeah....um....

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Besides, there is an ethical code about meddling with other's minds. I would never do it if I knew you'd find out about it.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:32:00 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

have you ever been in mine?

Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

" I would never do it if I knew you'd find out about it."

*snorts*

I would.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:22:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That's because you're a bad girl. The purple hair is a give away. ;-)

And Maggie, I think it's safe to say that you've been in my head at least as much as I've been in yours.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

I can hear mindSounds. They sound a lot like the Venusian oceans.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Wait the chosen one is pretentious but the winning team isn't. I can go for "the Winning Team", mostly because there is not I in team, but there is a M and an E and thats me

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home