Monday, July 10, 2006

Xavier calls a team meeting

I looked over our assembled team. "Thank you for coming," I told them. "Now is the time for us to take off the gloves and step up to the plate.

Erifia looked at me blankly. "What are you talking about? We aren’t wearing gloves."

"Actually, I’m wearing gloves," Tak said. "But I don’t really see how taking them off is going to help."

Gyrobo's head spun around in a circle. "Perhaps we could put gloves on, then remove them. The bio-kinetic energy generated by-"

"It was a metaphor!" I shouted a little too loudly. Regaining my composure, I continued. "My point is, this game is almost tied up and that isn’t right. We had a nice little winning streak there but now we’ve lost a man. There's a new challenge that's been-"

"Actually," interruprted Gyrobo, "it was a woman that got voted off."

"You’re giving her too much credit," Erifia snorted.

Tak chuckled. "I don’t know. That little belly shirt she wore didn’t really leave much room for doubt. Man, she was a totally hottie. I think I'm going to –"

"Please!" I shouted again, even more exasperated. "Can we just focus on the immediate problem here?"

"What’s the problem?" Tak asked. "We’re still here."

Gyrobo answered. "I think he’s referring to our lack of gloves.

"No!" I thundered. "The problem is that Team Vaniquer is catching up. We have to beat them. A new challenge has been issued and we need to coordinate a strategy, develop a plan of action, and ensure that we don’t suffer another loss next week.

"Too bad we don’t a Danger Room here to train in," Tak said. "I say we just keep winging it. We’re winning right? So we must be doing something right."

"Yeah," Erifia agreed. "That Aayala was baggage anyway. We’re lucky to be rid of her. It’s going to be smooth sailing without that hag around."

Gyrobo started humming. "In the immortal words of Madison Avenue, 'Sorry Charlie'.”

7 Comments:

Blogger Gyrobo said...

I know we can beat them!

Or rather, we could have beaten them, had we gloves to battle with.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:47:00 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

But I do have gloves. And as for winging it, I am all in favor if we make those Spicy Buffalo wings ... with blue cheese dressing ... blue like a Twi’Lek skin on a cool summer night ... And Gyrobo will be there with a monkey and a watermelon ... Uhh what were we talking about?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Judging on the team meeting, I think we've won already.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

So waht was the plan? Do I need to get Gloves for every one and a sno-cone maker for Gyrobo?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Actually, I think if you get a good Margarita maker we'll probably cruise to victory. Or at least not care so much if we lose.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Professor, I like your idea. If I weren't already the host, I might join your team.

Then again, I think you could probably pilfer Padme's Maragrita maker.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:18:00 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

See you shold have been on our team...


btw you may have to explain this Miss tart thing ... hmmmmm

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home