Sunday, July 09, 2006

Tak Gets a Phone Call

After my disastrous night out on the town with The Henchman, I am nursing a Death Star sized hangover.

Hudson pops his head into my room.

“Hey clone boy, you got a phone call on the main line. It better not be a collect long distance call.” he laughs at this own joke and jerks his thumb towards the front office.

A minute later I am on the phone. I am still not used to these strange Hacknor communication devises.

“This is TK 266, How may I help you?”

Silence, but I can hear a faint breathing.

“Hello, hello. If this is some kind of a joke I’m going to hang up” I look around the room to see if any one is watching. “if you aren’t going to talk I going to hang up.” I start to put the receiver down when I hear a women’s voice.

“Don’t! I sorry I just a little nervous about making this call. Are you the contestant they call Tak?”

I cringe. I not comfortable with people I don’t know calling me Tak.

“Yes, that is what some people call me. Who are you Miss?” The Lt. Cmdr has drilled into me not to call women ma’am, but to use the phrase Miss with women of all ages.

“Uh … well … lets just say I am some one you meet briefly and I want to get a chance to … oh dear I feel foolish, but I would like to have a drink with you and talk for a bit” She sound a little embarrassed and a bit worried.

At the mention of meeting for drinks, I begin to get nervous.

“Miss, I don’t mean to be rude, but why would you want to meet with me? I am just a bit curious.”

“Oh my … this is awkward for me Mr. Tak. First I want to have a chance to get to know you a little better because you were nice to me. Not mean like some of the other contestants.”

OK now I am down right confused.

“And,” the voice continues “My friends saw your picture in the latest copy of Playgirl …” Now I really cringe thinking of anyone seeing that picture of me in that magazine. “Then they all went on about how I had meet you and should call and … sorry I rambling. So what about meeting me? Please say yes so I don’t feel like a desperate loser.”

I try to breath normally. “ I’d like to, but we are not allowed out of the compound” I didn’t know if that was a contractual obligation, but I was reaching for straws now.

“That’s OK,” she said “ I can meet you in the bar. I’ve seen it on the Holonet and it looks very chic, so how about it.”

“Yeah, that would be great.’ I blurt out, “ How about this week after the contestants finish our challenge, While the judges are judging. That should be fun!” I pray the panic I feel isn’t coming through in my voice.

“I’ll be there Tak. You’ll recognize me easily. I’ll be the women with the great hair and drop dead gorgeous eyes.” She hangs up.

What have I agreed to? My stomach feels like two Womp Rats are fighting in it.

I hear a laugh from behind me.

“So Taks got himself a hot date!” Hudson howls.

Oh man this just keeps getting worse.

4 Comments:

Blogger merlyn said...

you get all the fun!

Monday, July 10, 2006 3:44:00 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

I thought clone troopers were built like Ken Dolls.

Monday, July 10, 2006 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I bet it's Jabba Fatboy.

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Aww, how cute, Tak, you have a fan. I hope she's cute. And remember, on a blind date, one should always bring their trusty stun gun

Monday, July 10, 2006 6:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home