Monday, May 15, 2006

We will we will Rock you.....

The challenge was presented... I watched Charles my beloved take the challenge first...
He winked and I smiled... I remember thinking how old the arena looked...

Jon was in a cornor argueing with some tech guy... Charles was ingenuous... and won his challenge

After his battle Jons voice began to raise at the Tech..

Jon, "Get the holographic imagery online.... Can't you see we have begun!"

Jon then turned and saw us looking at him, "Sorry about that... Good Job Proffessor....."

As Charles came out of the arena... "So, Who is next?"

All my team members looked at Captian Picard... We cheer him on in his win...


Jon was still fusing..."Good Job Captian Picard.. kay we will have a pause before the next challenger goes," Jon then mummbled under his breath,"Maybe this thing will be working by then... You decide who will be next.."

My team mates then look at me...

"Okay okay... " I rose and went to the training room...

Jon continued to argue to the tech guys... Finally Hudson walked in, "So whos next?"

"Magdalena but we cant get the Holo..." Jon stated and Hudson began to grin...

"The chic in the sexy armour.... the scantly dressed one?" He grinned... Just then Hudson kicked the machine and it began to hum.... The area was transformed.... Loud music was playing....


Gaia came and informed me it was timed... I walked from the training room to the area


I was fully dressed in my battle armour and heavily armed.. I brought a normal spear, swords and daggers for this... The church quite often uses similiar droids to train us... I had left the Spear of Destiony since it would be inappropiate to use it for anything but fighting evil...

I entered the Arena smoke began to rise from the ground and lights was flashing....


I heard my team and Charles cheer as I etered the center...


Several Droids entered...



I began looking at them as they lined up... I was wondering which would come for me... They certainly had a droid of every kind and design...



I looked at the Large droids that towered over me like a huge metal hulk... Just then a small droid stepped forward and the rest of the droids disappeared behind the doors leading to the bleechers...

"Piece of cake..." I thought as I looked at this thing... It looked more like a pet than something for fighting... I charged with a battle cry...


Yes I know I got cocky and that I quickly learned was a big mistake....



The droid moved fast and was acrobatically agile... It was able to twist its body and limbs so no matter how many times I tried to get around to the back of it, it with a quick re-adjustment was facing me..





It was like fighting a super strong cat... It broke one of my swords and I was taking a beating...




Blood trickled down my mouth and I had yet tapped a sensory...


I took a serious blow as I was slung across the arena my blood spraying the audience...
I overheard gasps from the audience...



Then I thought about what Jon said... "These machines are programmed to approximate their opponents strength and abilities, and they learn during the fight, so they get better as you go."

Of course I went in full battle mode so it was combatical... It has become as ferral as I was...



Winning this challenge would not be won by strength or with combat... but with brains... I turned reaching for my other swords, the droid turned ready for me




I lept in the air moving my swords in a fan like motion as it began matching my movements sparks and the sound of clanging metal filled the stadium... My next move I knew would hurt me but it would position me to win this challenge.. I ran toward a wall... Ran up the wall and back flipped behind the cat droid... but as I came to my feet it had already flipped and was countering my move... I then lowered my sword and defense making it look like a foolish mistake...


It hit me with an incredible Judo punch and sent me flying... I hit the arena floor hard... I laid there motionless as if I was unconscience...

I could not make out the voice but I heard someone in the crowd scream for Jon to stop it...
The cat droid stalked up to me to finish me off




It raised an arm and I reached up tapping 3 times a sensory under its belly
The Cat droid shut down and I stood grabbing the sword pointing at it until I was sure it was down




Once I was announced the winner of this challenge I walked away limping....



Well that is one challenge down....

11 Comments:

Blogger Magdalena said...

and Hudson if I need a massage like the coaches give after a boxing match I will get my BF to do it ;)

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Oh man.

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Excellent match! Very clever Maggie.

And may I just say, I love watching you fight. ;-)

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

OK, OK, don't make me institute a "No Schmoopies" rule.

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

*cough* Some on clear this smoke away. I am heading to the areana and need to see my droid.

And Maggie, nice fight.

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Visually, that was a stunning fight. I would have expected that the woman who wielded the Spear of Destiny to finish that battle a bit more quickly. While the droid you tackled initially was a bit too much for you, you found a way to master the fight and make it yours. And all in a rather tasty outfit, I might add.

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger Karl the Sorcerer said...

Bah! I could've done the same thing if I was you. Also, it would have involved more magic.

Speaking of which, where is my wand?! It-

Oh, there it is.

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:46:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

No playing with your wand in the arena!

Monday, May 15, 2006 9:10:00 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

and people wonder why I left after my fight, It was the Wand Playing

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Karl, that wand is banned! Banned, I tell you! Now, where's my bucket of chicken?!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great performance, Magdalena. We can see what Simon likes!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home