Monday, July 17, 2006

Challenge #8

The challenge has been cast. The gauntlet thrown down. Many have been called, few have answered. On the planet Hacknor... On Fire Island D, twelve brave contestants will compete. Who will falter? Who will thrive? Who will be





The contestants ride in a hover bus to another island. They look and see a giant coliseum looming in front of them.

Professor X: Oh my, that's the...

Henchman: ...Biggest...

Captain Picard: ...Amazing...

The bus lands and the contestants get out to meet Jon.

Jon: Welcome to the Horizon Amphitheater and the big show.

Erifia: You mean we're going to be competing in there?

Jon: Well yes, in a sense.

Gyrobo: Can I fight a pirate? I want to fight a pirate!

AOC: Then I want to fight a droid. Damn robots are always trying to kill me. No offense.

Gyrobo: None taken.

Henchman: Yeah, let's do this thing!

Jon: Not so fast, you won't actually be fighting in there.

Professor X: That's good because, uh, I abhor violence. That's something that my, er, evil twin would want to do. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Erifia: Too bad, I wanted to smash something.

Jon: Nope, the card for tonight is already set. Your challenge is to call one of the matches.

Gyrobo: Doing play-by-play for Intergalactic Gladiating contests has always been one of my strengths!

Henchman: Uh yeah, mine too...

Jon hands everyone a program.

Jon: Here's tonight's card with all of the gladiators' information. You will have a broadcast partner, so you're not doing this alone. Oh yes, and you may have noticed that I consolidated the teams. That means that you will be competing for individual immunity. Good luck.



Last Gladiator Standing was brought to you in part today by the Cobra Laundromat.

Get your blues bluer and your blacks blacker at the Cobra Laundromat.

So the next time you dirty up your uniform from bailing out of a helicopter before it is shot down or jumping from your tank just before it's hit by a Joe missile, bring it to the Cobra Laundromat.

Mention this ad and get 10% discount on all of your masks!

8 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That picture is hilarious! Where did you find it and are there any more?!

Monday, July 17, 2006 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I agree with the Professor. Do you have any more Cobra pictures?

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Well, I have a few

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Godd bye Maggie. I will finally be able to get a full night sleep, without beeign woken by the gutteral moans of some bald guy.

As for our sponsor, I think the Henchman and I have some dirty cloths.

Off the the landrymat.

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

One team, one dream, one ring to rule them all.

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The Baroness is a real pin-up girl.

Monday, July 17, 2006 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Hey! What happened to our teams?! I need AOC to win me immunity again!

Monday, July 17, 2006 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Wow, I think I can see the photographer on her body suit. I would imagine her outfit is dry clean only

Monday, July 17, 2006 3:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home