Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Talking To Myself

With some reluctance, I approached the portal; what version of myself was I going to find there? Surely not someone who drank Earl Grey and read Shakespeare?

The swirl of the portal landed me on the other side, making me feel as I do when I've been time travelling.

Perhaps I should have bought an aspirin?

Everywhere was dark; there were glowing alcoves all around; this looked VERY familiar.

"Prepare to be assimilated, Jean-Luc." said a voice.



It was Locutus; the being I had become when the Borg assimilated me.

"I am Locutus of Borg and you will be assimilated" he said.

"I am from a mirror universe" I told him, "I was like you, once, but I managed to escape. I intend to either destroy you or stop you so that you can be restored."

"Your are too late, Captain Picard." Locutus informed me, "As a result of my assimilation, the Earth has been taken over by the Borg; they have also conqured the Klingons, the Romulans and the.."

"Enough!" I told him, "Then you must be destroyed."

"Do you think you can risk it, Captain, "Perhaps when you, from another universe destroy yourself from this universe, it will eliminate both of them?"

I thought for a moment; the old antimatter warning to make me hesitate.

"I shall assimilate you, and send you back to help the Borg where they are." Locutus told me.

He sprang forward, with nanoprobes at the ready for me; I dodged him; with the cybernetic implants, he was slower than I was. I rushed round and grabbed him from behind.

"Resistance is Futile!" Locutus carried on, "We are Borg!"

"No you are not, Jean-Luc." I told him, and used my phaser on him. He was dazed.

In that short time, I get the Starfleet Screwdriver that I carry for all eventualities and started undoing the implants. Some started to fall off, but the effect was clear. He would not survive.

"We...are...Borg" Locutus started to say, "I...am Jean-Luc Picard.....thank you."

He slumped down, lifeless.

I turned back to the portal, pleased that there was one less Borg around, yet still feeling saddened.

10 Comments:

Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

Thank God I am 1/16 of Species 8472. Assimilation is not for me.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That is such a wild coincedence! My zip code used to be 1168472.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

See, I would've taken the opportunity to make out with Locutus. Sexy, sexy cyborg!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Is it just me or is Locutus a little creepy?

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

He really got the "point!"

I guess he won't be "meandering" around here for quite some time!

You might say he "had a bee in his bonnet!"

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:58:00 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

wow it looks like Charles mated with Magnetos fem bot

um sorry well done Captian

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:16:00 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Wait a minute! In a mirror universe wouldn't the Borg be good? Wouldn't you have hair? Wouldn't Wesley be straight?

And how in the heck did the Borg ever take over so many species, being a slow as the Borg are? Did they take over the slow and dumb one first? Because that is not assimilation, that is Darwinism.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It would be interesting to see how the Borg could be good. Locutus is definately the evil side of me.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Ciera said...

Awesome post. Excellent Jean-Luc! :)

note: not all mirror universes are direct opposites of the "real" one. Most are only slightly variated due to the different choices the indivuduals make.

Or something like that! LOL!!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home