Saturday, June 10, 2006

Amazing! Picard Gets A Sidekick

I made my way to the Sidekick Room. I hope there is someone who will pick me without problems.

Looking around, they all ssemed a shabby lot; they glared at me and carried on. h

However, one did come up to me; he had curly hair and was dressed in a very 1970's stlye outfit.



"You look like you might be suitable." he said to me. "Can you say 'Book 'em Danno.' a lot to me whenever a mission is completed?"

"Why ever would I want to do that?" I asked him.

"Then you're not good enough!" he replied and walked away.

Time to carry on looking.

An oriental man in a smart outfit and a bowler hat approached me. He gave me a menacing smile.



"Hello" I said to him, "Who are you?"

He said nothing, but took off his hat, threw it across the room and sliced the head off a statue that was there. With a sly smile, he walked over and picked it up and walked away.

I think I'm relieved he didn't choose me; he didn't seem to be high on communication.



I noticed that this person above had already been checking the other contestants. When he saw me, he approached.

"You can call me 'Boy Wonder.' he said, "I need to know if you will wear a cape, mask and tights on any mission we go on?"

"Certainly not....err...Boy Wonder!" I replied.

"Then our business here is concluded." he said with an air of conclusion, "You will have to look elsewhere."

Things were getting desperate; surely I would find a sidekick who wanted me.

I approached a table, where a middle aged man was reading a 19th Century edition of The Times. He was dressed in period costume.




"Hello." I said.

"By Jove!" he exclaimed, "No one ever says hello to me."

"I thought you might be interesting, "I can see that you're a military man who is a doctor."

"Amazing!" he replied, "How did you deduce that?"

"Elementary" I said, "You have a service revolver with you, and under the table there is the bag that a doctor will use."

"Amazing!" he continued, "I think I would very much like to be your sidekick. I'm Dr John H Watson; you are..?"

"Captain Jean-Luc Picard" I told him.

"In the services as well?" he commented, "Excellent!"

"You will require a catchphrase." I told him.

"Well, Captain." he said, "Holmes always told me I say 'Amazing!' far too many times. I suppose I could use that."

"That's good." I remarked, "We are a team, then."

"Amazing!" he exclaimed, and we were off.

10 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Excellent. Maybe now we can solve the mystery of who set the Tivo to record every single episode of the Kumars at No. 42.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:22:00 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I adjusted Watson image, Captain. I hope you don't mind. I made it so the link shows his full sized version.

I just spent so much time on the side bar to make it look as good as it does. I'd hate to see it shoved all the way to the bottom and all.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's ok, Jon. I didn't know the picture would be so large when it came on.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Ciera said...

Rats! I missed the audition call for sidekicks, because I'd love to be your sidekick jean-Luc...

seriously...loved your selection! Another great post :)

Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

really cool
should make data happy

Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

So now that Amidala is gone, Henchman is looking for someone new to spread rumors about?

Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:37:00 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

I'd guard my wallet if I were you Captain. I don't trust that Watson.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

*sitting by a new com link, AOC spills burning hot coffe on his leg and yells* "Watson! Come quick! I Need you."

Monday, June 12, 2006 1:39:00 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Dr. Watson would be much more powerfull if he had the ability to teleport.

But he doesn't. That's why he can't ascend.

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

Am I the only one who is reminded of Riker when he looks at Watson? Good job Captain, you have found yet another sidekick with no ambition

Friday, June 16, 2006 7:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home