Tuesday, June 13, 2006

AOC: Looking For A Little Help.

Cool!!! I get to choose a side kick. This should be great. I never get a sidekick; we always just have other clones. While I am thinking about how great it will be to have a side kick most of the other contestants run over to the Sidekick’s hangout room. I better get over there before all the good ones are taken.

As I head over I see Fred the Fox out of the corner of my eye. I think to myself, “self, now that Gaia is gone Fred might need a new hero to roam with. He has sidekick experience, is clever, a good fighter and a quick runner.” I wave and start call to Fred. Fred, reading the look in my eyes yells at me “Don’t even ask Cloney, I work with real heroes, not you prefab henchmen types!”

Oh Well, off to the Sidekick tent.

Right off the start a small droid come over and start talking to me.

twiki.14

“Be-de be-de be-de, you have great white armor, I’ll be your sidekick”

“What the …., No way am I having a droid for a sidekick, especially one with a speech impediment. Either talk in all beeps and whistles or speak galatice basic.”

“Be-de be-de be-de, but you have white armor and I want to call you Buck …”

I kick him over and move on while he Be-de be-de be-de curses my way.

As I cross the room I avoided eye contact with some kid in red and green tights who is picking his nose and saying “Holy Green Gobber, That is the biggest one today”. I think he ate it.

A wizened gravely voice shouts out to me “What in tarnation you doin in that gitup son! Why you look like a cowpoke I knew out of Abeline back in ’62 or was it ’63.”

side kick gabby

I ask “Who are you and what are you sidekick powers?”

“Dagnamit, What in the heck is a sidekick! My name is Gabby and I’m the best trail cook you could ever have. I don’t have no gosh durn powers, but I’ll cook up more beans and bacon fat than you can ever eat. I’ll also regale you with stories of my life on a trail and my injun fightin’ skills. I can also look disapprovingly and mutter under my breath when ever you do something that I think is just dang tomfoolery.”

“Wow, that sounds like a good resume, but I was looking for someone a little more modern”

“Oh, I see like one of them Telly-graph operators or guys who believe in soap when washing the dishes. Well then git along then and find a fancy modurn’ side kick. See if one of them will get shot in the shoulder for you, like I’ve done 38 times.”

As I walk away, Gabby stares at me disapprovingly and mutters some thing that sound like “that greenhorn is just lookin’ to get scalped.”

I look around a little more, I see Jedi Apoc walking out with an annoying hottie in a purple outfit. Dang missed out on that one.

I see Maggie talking to a … Who am I kidding, I only see Maggie. She finally leaves the tent and The Henchmen slaps me on the back of the head as he passes by and says “Snap out of it TAK, she’s gone and you can stop drooling.”

I thank him and go back to my search.

I avoid this one.

kitten-branch

After a bit more frustration I see the perfect sidekick for me. I go over, bend down on one knee and introduce my self.

“Hey there little guy, I’m TK 266. Who are you and what are you?”

“I am JB 33. I am a Modern Iridonian Neutralizing Integrated Tactical Automated Kamikaze. I have been trained out help out heroes in their hour of need. I have lots of useful skills, like bomb removal, death from above attacks and I can be carried on your shoulder.”

“So what’s you annoying … I mean exciting catch phrase.”

JB 33 jumps up into my arms up and yells out “Smack ‘em with the Jello boss man!! I know it kinda sucks, but that the job of a sidekick.”

“That’s Ok, JB 33, I think you will work out just fine”

I carry out JB 33 (M.I.N.I.T.A.K) out to the judging arena.

TK266 and MINITAK

8 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Aw how cute, it's like you holding a little you!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

awww that is cute

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Mini-me!!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Interesting. But how do we know it's not just another crazy get-rich-quick scheme?

The gnomes always pretend to be clones, before they rob your homes with automatic drones.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

I never trust a gnomish roamer.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Gyrobo: Don't worry I'll never leave a gnome alone. I'll keep an eye if it get to close the the stove and become a Gnome on the Range. If it is a gnome, I am sure it will be nice, a kinda gnome sweet gnome

(someone stop me before I Pun again)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

so you were drooling huh....


careful Charles might see you ;)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Your choice is as bold and exciting as your armor color. Very bland

Friday, June 16, 2006 7:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home