Thursday, August 10, 2006

Challenge #10, vote vote vote!

The challenge has been cast. The gauntlet thrown down. Many have been called, few have answered. On the planet Hacknor... On Fire Island D, twelve brave contestants will compete. Who will falter? Who will thrive? Who will be



OK everybody responded to the challenge very well.

Before we continue, I just wanted to say that I am proud of all each of you; making it to the Final Four of arguably one of the greatest reality shows to grace the Intergalactic Network of Engineered Transmissions is no small feat.

Last Gladiator Standing, however, is like the movie Highlander, there can be only one. Or like the movie Highlander II, there should be only one.

So it's time to judge, and as I mentioned earlier, everyone can judge and is invited to vote for the winner of this challenge. Please send an email to me at joninterglad@hotmail.com. The contestant with the most votes gains immunity, while the one with the fewest gets to give me a backrub.

You have until Sunday at 7:00 pm, Central Standard Earth Time. Results will be tabulated by our laser-powered super computer. Yes, the very same computer used on our Separated at Birth series, calculates the proper donut-to-sprinkle ratio for the LGS snack shack, and pastes pictures of celebrities heads onto bodies of farm animals will be used to calculate the winner of Challenge #10. So get out there and as they say in Chicago, vote early and vote often.

Wait, don't vote often. Just once, thank you.

11 Comments:

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

*WARNING - OLD GUY REMEMBERANCE - WARNING*

Wow, A cassette tape drive. Just like on my first computer; the infamous TRS-80, with 4 kb of RAM. You could up grade to 16kb of RAM and some crazy fools for the cost of $700.00 (about what the computer cost) could upgrade to 48kb of RAM, but who would even need that much RAM.

Tape drive took 30 minutes to load. cpu could only have one program at a time. Oh the pain of being old enough to remember that.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Ah yes, I am a bigger fan of the modern super-laser power computers that we use today. They get on the InterN.E.T!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I thought it was a ZX Spectrum

Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger Leia Skywalker Solo said...

I'm trying to figure out how these games work... I guess Ill email my vote.

It will be tough. Everyone crosses genders so brilliantly *snicker*

Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:45:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Wow, that's a great animated GIF. The colors! The colors!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Uh, what colors Gyrobo?

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

The first computer I used was in 7th grade. My school had one, way upstairs. It had a regular tape cassette drive. What did I do with it? Played a Dungeons and Dragons game. At least that's what it was called. You moved around with the arrow keys and would uncover stuff on each new square. Looking back it was totally crappy but at the time I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:14:00 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

The colors!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger Florence Forrest said...

My first computer was a Commador 64. I remember my favourite game was Gumshoe then it stopped working for some reason and it made me sad :(

Friday, August 11, 2006 3:58:00 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Nintendo did a version of Gumshoe. Is this the same one you had?
http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/30613/nes/Gumshoe-UE.html

Friday, August 11, 2006 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

JON! Do you know what I have done today? I have sat and frickin stared at your rainbow logo!

Friday, August 11, 2006 9:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home